Sunday 24 July 2016

How to create TIME...

We all wish there were more hours in the day to get everything done. The truth is we need to use our time wisely and efficiently. Here is a 4 step guide to creating TIME;

T - To do list
I - Itemize list into priority
M - Map out how long each task will take and schedule it into your calendar
E - Execute on a daily basis

We all love to make to do lists, I know I love checking off what I have done. It gives a sense of accomplishment and control over life. To do lists are only effective if they are actually scheduled into your calendar. If they are just on a list only a few get done, the easy and fun ones usually. I use to have list after list, moving items from one list to the next and some things just never got done. I forgot to actual carve out time for them in my daily schedule.

If you use the above 4 step process: TIME, you will see your to do lists get done. Life happens and not everything on our schedule can get done but if something occurs and we do not get something done make sure you reschedule it as soon as possible. If not it will not get done.

Hope this inspires you to transfer your to do list to your schedules!!!


6 comments:

  1. Patricia Murray25 July 2016 at 19:24

    Thanks Stephanie
    I need all the help I can get in this area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad this helped you :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love your point about rescheduling what doesn't get done. That is something that many people forget. Nice acrostic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I am a fan of acrostic it helps me to remember things :)

      Delete
  3. I'm great at making lists and keeping them up to date. My downfall is taking the time to estimate how long each item is likely to take. As a result, I often postpone doing something that seems big but ends up taking under an hour. Thanks for the important reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if we estimate the time it will take to do our tasks, it makes our list realistic and not so scary looking when broken into tiny bits :) Thanks for stopping by

      Delete