Wednesday 11 February 2015

Confession of an Organizer...

Hi there folks, I guess I need to confess something to all my readers....my house is not pristine, perfectly de-cluttered and everything is labelled...there I said it!
I actually used my own Craft Room/Office as a demo of Before and After Pictures:


 



 















Ok there it is all out in the open for all of you to see.  My life gets just as hectic and overwhelming as anyone else and well I ended up making my desk and small work table my dumping ground for all and any craft supply or paperwork  :(  To motivate myself I put the before pictures up on Facebook knowing I had to have after pictures to soon follow.

I guess in my house, yes, you will find baskets everywhere to house items and I have some things labelled (files), shelving to hold all my baskets and I love to switch things up once in awhile to see if another organizing system may work. For my office all I added were clear containers with handles, these are ideal so I can see the crafting materials clearly and can transport them from closet to work area very easily.  The rest of my supplies can be found in gorgeous material baskets I purchased off of ETSY, www.etsy.com/shop/wildfleurdelis she is an amazing seamstress and has any fabric style you can imagine, don't see it message her she probably does just not listed!!

I try to live my life the way I preach it, de-cluttered, organized and gorgeous, but had to share that sometimes life can take over and things get pushed to the wayside.  All I can say is I made it a priority and in a couple of hours I had everything in its home and created new homes for un-housed materials. Once we make de-cluttering a priority nothing can get in our way. If you cannot find a couple of hours then commit to one area for 15 - 20 minutes a day and do not start another area until the first is finished, you will be amazed of the results you will get in such a short time.

I want to see your before and after pictures, share them to help motivate each other...you can do this!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment